Friday, April 10, 2015

Quick and delicious cornbread recipe - half homemade!

Last week, I made our last stock pot full of chili (check out my recipe here!) of the season.  Husband has been craving it lately, and I decided that since i snowed the day before, it would still be acceptable.  I split the pot between us and my friend Robyn, who had a baby a few weeks after us!

In our house, cornbread is basically a requirement when enjoying chili.  With a newborn, I'm looking for faster ways to do things, so I decided to "soup up" some boxed mix.  It turned out SO well, you won't make yours from scratch anymore.  Gotta love half-homemade!  I added canned corn, cheese and sour cream - the best of the best. 

It sweet, soft, and tastes homemade!  


Ingredients

Box of cornbread mix (for 8x8 or 9x9 pan)
Ingredients to prepare boxed cornbread as directed
1 cup canned corn, drained and chopped
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese


Directions

Prepare boxed cornbread as directed.

Add corn (drained and chopped), sour cream, and shredded cheese, and mix.

Grease 8x8 or 9x9 pan, and pour mix in.  Bake as directed on box, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted.




While cooking, play with baby.


Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment